Black Glutinous Chiffon Cake II

 

I got chance to go back Jakarta just before gathering, and brought back this black glutinous flour. Since it is hardly found here, then I was thinking to bake some cakes for the bloggers’ gathering. Just hope they may like it.

The first time I made few years back, I could taste a bit of sawdust in the cake. However, with this brand, quite okay, there was no sawdust taste in the cake (agreeable with fellow bloggers during last week gathering).



Here, I made half of the recipe with modification.

Ingredients:
A:
80 gr Egg yolks
35 gr Caster sugar

B:
120 gr Egg whites
50 gr Caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt

C:
25 gr Plain flour
50 gr Black Glutinous flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder Double Acting

D:
75 ml Instant coconut milk (I used KARA)
1-1/5 tbsp Oil

Method:
- Use hand whisk A until creamy.
- Then by using mixer beat B until stiff.
- Add C and D to A creamy mixture, then mixed with B.
- Pour into tube pan, then bake into preheated oven of 150C for 50 minutes or until cook.
- Invert the cake for cool down process.
- Remove the cake once cool down and serve.



9 comments:

  1. oh, so it depends on brand as well.
    Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I prefer the chiffon to the steamed cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow your chiffon cake looks very tall and fluffy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendyywy,
    Ya I guess so, different production different result. For example, I notice in the colour result too. Mine, both yield darker colour than yours :)

    Yummybakes,
    Thanks for the feedback :) It go back to individual taste :) Chiffon, sure everyone love the softness of the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the info. Will try to get this brand when someone goes to Indonesia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, i remember wendy's post on the black glutinous flour. I think i have to judge them myself if i make them one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to try baking with this black glutinous rice powder but don't seem to find it here. Both versions look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann,
    I bought this from Titan Baking Shop, they have few branches in Jakarta.

    Lena,
    You should try this when you got chance to get the flour.

    Cheah,
    Thanks. I guess you may find this easier in Malaysia compare to Singapore :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used Mahkota brand Ketan Hitam Halus from Jakarta. It also taste good.

    See here : http://annieliciousfood.blogspot.sg/2012/06/black-glutinous-rice-chiffon-cake.html

    I think if one day I have a chance to go Jakarta, my whole baggage will fill with black glutinous rice flour when im back. Hehe. I hope Singapore do sell this too :(

    ReplyDelete