Sago Hun Kwe

Ingredients:
50 gr hunkwe flour
250 gr ready fresh coconut milk
150g water
1/4 tsp salt
5 pandan leaves, knotted
70 gr sugar
50 gr sago

Method:
- Cook sago until done and transparent, rinse and drain.
- Diluted hunkwe flour, salt and knotted pandan leaves into coconut milk-water mixture, then boil it.
- Once hot, add sugar, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- When slightly boil, turn off the fire.
- Add sago, stir well and remove.
- Pour into the agar-agar mould or banana leaf or plastic sheet.
- Leave it cool and chill in fridge to set.


This is the type of sago that I used.

9 comments:

  1. Oh... I thought you coloured your sago.... and then only I saw these cute rectagular sago.

    This is a first time for me, I've only known round sagos all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Doris,

    This look yummy. ;P Where can I get this colourful sago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very delicious. I miss these. Wish I can have one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Doris,
    Found your blog & noticed that you've got me on your list. You've made beautiful cakes & kuih and this one is special too. Have not seen such shape & colorful sago so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendyywy,
    There are variety sago in sizes, shape & colours you can find in Indonesia.

    Happy Flour,
    Hehehehe .... in Indonesia.

    MaryMoh,
    Weather here getting too hot, eating this will cool you down :)

    HomeKreation,
    Thanks for your encouraging words :) I'm too lazy to buy some banana leaves to wrap it, use shortcut way, just pour in the agar-agar mould.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sago is so cute and colorful. Too bad can't get it here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anncoo,
    Thanks. Don't be disheartened, the taste is similar to normal sago, just only the shape & colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen those sago before, look like gummies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi pigpigscorner,

    Oh ya, hahahhaa ... you described it well. The cooked sago look like gummies! :D

    ReplyDelete