Cheese Chiffon


I think for every beginner like me always wish for trying out or experiment baking "sponge cake" or "chiffon cake", which is kind of basic cakes to do. Going through lots of recipes from internet, I found few recipes in Florence blog. I think hers is simple, clear method and the size is just right for my family size. Since I still left a bit cream cheese in my fridge, I baked Cheese chiffon as my first experiment. I am quite happy with the result, I think my chiffon can be considered pass, eventhough there is no skin and got big cracked on the top, however, the taste of this cake quite tasty and shows the softness and fluffiness.


Recipe tested by Florence

Ingredients:
90g cream cheese
30g sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla paste/essence (I omitted)
3 egg yolks
60ml milk
40g corn oil
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest
80g cake flour + pinch of baking powder
20g grated cheddar cheese (optional)

4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
40g sugar

Method:
- Preheat oven at 170C
- Sieve cake flour and baking powder together. Mix in the grated cheddar cheese.
- Cream cheese with sugar and vanilla till smooth. Add in egg yolks and cream till well blended.- Add in the milk, oil, lemon juice and zest, mix till well-combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix till batter is homogenous.
- Beat egg white with electric beater until big bubbles formed. Sprinkle in cream of tartar and beat until it is white in colour. Add in 40g sugar (a little at a time) and beat till stiff perks formed.
- Pour 1/2 egg white into egg yolk-flour mixture and blend well.
- Pour flour mixture into the rest of the egg white and fold till just blended.
- Pour the batter into ungreased 17cm tube pan. Bake at 170C for 35 - 45 minutes or till cooked.
- Invert the cooked cake during cooling process.

Remarks : As I noticed that my oven quite hot, I gradually reduced it to 160C, but still huge cracked on top chiffon.

No comments:

Post a Comment